- Ph.D (Chemistry), Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India. 2011
- M.Sc (Chemistry), Sri Paramakalayani College (Manonmaniam Sundaranar University) Tamil Nadu, India. 2011
- B.Sc (Chemistry), Sri Paramakalayani College (Manonmaniam Sundaranar University) Tamil Nadu, India. 2011
- Assistant Professor, Dept. Natural Products Chemistry, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, India - June-2013-present
- Dr .D. S. Kothari Post Doctrol Fellow at Periyar University, Salem, Tamil Nadu, India (Sep-2011 to June-2013)
- Lectuer at Sri Paramakalyani College, Alwarkurichi, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India (July 2010 – April 2011)
|Field of Specialization
||Medicinal Chemistry, Nano drug delivery, Biomaterials, Natural Products Chemistry, Environmental chemistry|
UGC-Dr.D.S.Kothari Post Doctoral Fellowship, University Grants Commission, New Delhi, September, 2011.
Junior Research Fellow, University Grants commission, New Delhi, India. (2007-2010).
Best library usage award in Master of Science, Sri Paramakalyani College, Alwarkurichi (2005).
Total Publications : 14
1. M. Rajan, V. Raj, Abdullah A. Al-Arfaj, A.M. Murugan, Hyaluronidase enzyme core-5-fluorouracil-loaded chitosan-PEG-gelatin polymer nanocomposites as targeted and controlled drug delivery vehicles, International journal of Pharmaceutics, 453 (2) (2013), 514-522.
- 2. M.Rajan and V.Raj, Formation and electrochemical characterization of chitosan/poly lactic acid/poly ethylene glycol/gelatin nanoparticles. A novel biosystem for controlled drug delivery, Carbohydrate Polymers, 98(1), 2013, 951-958..
- 3. M.Rajan and V.Raj, Potential drug delivery applications of chitosan based nanomaterials, International Review of Chemical Engineering (I.RE.CH.E.), 5(2); 2013.
- 4. M. Rajan, Alagumuthu, “Adsorptive removal of fluoride from aqueous phase using Zirconium impregnated Walnut shell carbon: Kinetic evaluation” Journal of Chemistry, 2013.
- 5. M.Rajan and V.Raj, Encapsulation, Characterisation and in-vitro release of anti-tuberculosis drug using chitosan – poly ethylene glycol nanoparticles, Int J Pharm Pharm Sci, 4( 4), (2012) 255-259.
- 6. G.Alagumuthu, M.Rajan, “Kinetic and Equilibrium studies on fluoride removal by Zirconium (IV) - impregnated Groundnut Shell Carbon” Chemical industry, 64 (4) 295–304 (2010).
- 7. G.Alagumuthu, M.Rajan, V.Veeraputhiran, Comments on “Fluoride removal from water using activated and MnO2-coated Tamarind Fruit (Tamarindus indica) shell: Batch and column studies”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 183 (2010), 956-957.
- 8. G.Alagumuthu, M.Rajan, “Equilibrium and Kinetics of adsorption of fluoride onto Zirconium Impregnated Cashew nut shell carbon” Chemical Engineering Journal, 158 (2010) 451–457.
- 9. G.Alagumuthu, M.Rajan, “Chemometric studies of water quality parameters of Sankarankovil Block of Tirunelveli District, Tamilnadu” Journal of Environmental Biology, 31, 581-586 (2010).
- 10. G.Alagumuthu, M.Rajan, “Epidemiological and Correlation Studies of Keezhapavoor block of Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu” Indian journal of water work association, XXXXI (4) 2009, 268-274.
Department of Natural Products Chemistry
Mobile : +91 9488014084
Madurai Kamaraj University
E - Mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com